Mnangagwa orders schools to remain open despite Coronavirus
President Emmerson Mnangagwa has urgently made announcements aimed at arresting the deadly Coronavirus while ordering schools to remain open since they were already due for closure in two weeks time.
The order announced during a State of the nation address include the following.
- Gatherings of exceeding 100 people banned including church gatherings and weddings for the next 30 days
- ZITF & Independence celebrations cancelled
- All government institutions to be capacitated to carry out Coronavirus tests;
- Monthly national clean-up exercise must be vigilant and ensure the risk;
- Cognisant of the fact that schools are closing in a fortnight the government has chosen to leave schools open;
- The government discourages any travel from high -risk countries. Those coming from these countries will be quarantined for 14 days;
- Major ports of entry will remain open, with rigorous screening while smaller border posts will be closed
The deadly virus has taken the world by surprise triggering a global health emergency never heard of in many decades.